How to Find Comfort in the Midst of Change



In this month of thanks, I’m thankful for seasons. I’m thankful that summer turns to autumn, and winter turns to spring. I’m thankful that change happens, and life’s seasons come and go.




More than that, I’m thankful that every season of life is in the hands of a powerful, loving God.


“My times [seasons] are in your hand.” (Psalm 31:15)


People come and go in our lives. Circumstances change. Life’s autumns turn to winter. Springs turn to summer. And life’s interchanges are often a mixture of joy, sighs, smiles, and tears.

But committing our lives into Someone Else’s care, as Jesus did in His dying breath, will keep us standing, walking on straight paths, and running the race set before us.

We can’t stop the changing seasons of life, but we can leave them in the hands of the One who planned them.


“He changes the times and the seasons.” Daniel 2:21

Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” Luke 23:46


Click here to listen to the final lesson in the series on The Words from the Cross.

Photo courtesy of Tony Morrell


Comments

Popular Posts