Five Important Truths I Keep Forgetting



“The Christian life is a battle,” our pastor reminded us. “Don’t let anyone tell you differently.”

Some days that battle is fierce. Some days growing like wheat among tares is stifling. The world constantly tries to press us into its mold. To enjoy its pleasures. To take our eyes off the invisible God. To give in and stop running the race.

And I keep forgetting the important truths of Scripture—truths that should be ready in my hand like a sword in the midst of a raging battle.




1.       This world is not my home.
“Our citizenship is in heaven, from which we eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 3:20)

2.       The Maker of heaven and earth loved me before He made heaven and earth.
“I have loved you with an everlasting love.” (Jeremiah 31:3)

3.       Christ died for me, so my slate is clean.
“As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.” (Psalm 103:12)

4.       Christ rose again, assuring me eternal life.
“Because I live, you will live also.” (John 14:19)

5.       I might see Him today.
“Looking for the blessed hope and the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.” (Titus 2:13)


“Take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand. . .

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth.” (Ephesians 6:14)



----------------------------------------
Congratulations to Tina Gollings–winner of the free autographed copy of When God Breaks Your Heart by Ed Underwood!  Thank you to all who entered!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts