A Simple Promise for a Hurried Life



I just spent an unhurried weekend in an unhurried town with a good friend who’s never in a hurry. (Thanks, K! ;-))




Coming from a hurried town and a hurried life, slowing down didn’t come easy.

Until slowing down was required—slower than I realized.
(Don’t ask me how I found out how slow in one of those very small, very unhurried towns. Let’s just say I wasn’t that slow, and a big guy handed me a little paper with a big number on it.)

The preacher in the old country church on Sunday spoke of Christ, the Bread of Life.

Our only sustenance.
            Our life.
The best provision.

Christ, the reason no one needs a hurried life.

We hurry for numerous reasons. More often than not, we hurry because we’re planning to do it all.

We have bills to pay, a life to live, dreams to reach for, and hopes to pursue.

We have to do it.

And we have to hurry about it.

“He has already provided,” the country preacher said. “And He has promised to provide.”


“Your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask . . . I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Matt. 6:8; Heb. 13:5)


A simple promise for a hurried life.

God will provide.


“Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)





Comments

  1. Welcome back. You were missed at the picnic! I think I would rather have been where you were:) Mrs M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. M. I missed being there. Hope you had a happy 4th!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts